FOR OUR NEW DIGITAL FINTECH PLATFORM WE ARE LOOKING FOR A:
Chief Operation Officer COO – of our fintech company (80-100%)
Globalance is an owner-managed Swiss wealth management bank. We inspire, guide and enable private clients, families and foundations to successfully invest in future-oriented companies and investments that solve global challenges and shape a positive future. With the Globalance Footprint®, we are the first bank in the world to show our clients the impact of their wealth towards economy, society and the environment. For 20 years we have been pioneers: We successfully built the world’s leading asset manager for sustainable investments, SAM Sustainable Asset Management. In collaboration with Dow Jones, we also set a milestone by developing the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI). We are breaking new ground in financial markets and making investments easier, more individual and more tangible for customers.
In November 2020 Globalance launched Globalance World – a digital, interactive globe for sustainable investments. The “Google Earth for investors” provides investors with extensive information about the climate path, the impact of their investments on the economy, society and the environment and their exposure to megatrends. The launch was widely covered in the media among them the Financial times or Fastcompany. We were also nominated for the Webby Awards 2020.
- You will be the COO of our new fintech company with about 10 employees.
- This position offers you a diversified and responsible field of activity, you have a large scope of action and creative freedom. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, as the Chief Operating Officer, you provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- You will work closely with various business units and be responsible for implementing operational and strategic projects and tasks. In this fascinating management role, you will be part of our fintech’s success story and actively shape the future.
- As an important member of our management team, you will have overall responsibility for day-to-day operations and support us in keeping quality, flexibility, control, and costs in the right balance. You will function as a central interface between the various business units and ensure efficient implementation of the strategy.
- You will develop efficient solutions for complex compliance and regulatory issues.
- You take responsibility for the standardization and integration of processes and at the same time function as a driver of innovation by, among other things, further developing and optimizing digitalization along the value chain.
- You will manage day-to-day operations and overcome challenges and issues in the areas of Legal, risk, compliance, accounting, HR and outsourcing.
- You implement and monitor new projects and initiatives and ensure efficient communication of results within our company.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for cost management, consisting of accounting and financial planning, and communicate our goals in this regard across divisions.
- Together with the management you will define and implement the short-, medium- and long-term strategic goals and processes and ensure that key deadlines are met.
- Your role will include leadership responsibilities. However, due to our culture and our growth ambitions, you will also have to “lend a hand” yourself repeatedly.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills with ability to manage and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to prioritize workload and function effectively within and outside the office in a cross-cultural, interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks, meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in developing, managing, and growing fast growing companies or environments.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good accounting, audit, financial management, legal, compliance and risk management skills.
- A good generalist, but someone who can lend a hand.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, Decision-maker.
- Doer, high degree of independence.
- High flexibility, high team spirit and high social competence.
- Curious, open, and balanced perception of risk (no excessive risk aversion).
WHAT WE OFFER
A fintech startup in the area of sustainability and financial markets
A dynamic international work environment with both remote and internal development
A collaborative, team-oriented leadership approach
An attractive remuneration package and incentive scheme
As one of the first companies in Switzerland, Globalance has been certified as B Corporation in 2015. B Corporcation is a global network of enterprises who inspire all businesses to compete not only to the be the best in the world, but to be the best for the world.
Globalance has been distinguished as a “Global Growth Company” by the World Economic Forum (WEF). The award recognizes companies that use their visionary business model, innovation capacity and momentum to shape the future in their business sector.
QUESTIONS AND APPLICATIONS
Please click here to send your application.